LayerX Cloud Ltd (“vGRID”) is a New Zealand owned and operated company that provides infrastructure and software as a service. All customer data is securely hosted and supported in New Zealand across multiple resilient locations.
vGRID is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with our obligations under New Zealand privacy laws. Any information that you share with vGRID about yourself or another individual is personal information (“Personal Information”). Any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” is to vGRID.
vGRID may still need to keep your Personal Information so long as it is required for the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected or as required by law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect your Personal Information in the course of providing our Services to you or through your use of our Website.
Depending on your use of our Services or Website, you might give us information such as:
- Your name, contact details and residential address.
- Your location as a user.
- Your username, role, authentication and security credential information.
- Your service and product preferences.
- Your feedback, survey results and testimonials.
- Your account and payment history with us.
- Information about your organisation and your contacts.
- Corporate and financial information.
- Information about the webpages you visit on our Website.
- Any other information you give us.
You might also provide us with Personal Information when you:
- Search for, subscribe to, purchase or use our Services.
- Create or administer your vGRID account (and you might have more than one vGRID account).
- Configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with our Services.
- Communicate with us by phone, email, or social media platforms.
- Use our various Service offerings and functionalities.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are 4 main ways that vGRID uses to collects your Personal Information:
- From you directly: Personal Information you provide to us directly.
- From you indirectly: Personal Information we collect from you when you visit or use our Website, use our Services or interact with us.
- From third parties: Personal Information collected and disclosed to us by our contractors, agents and service providers, commercial partners whom we engage to perform services on our behalf, our affiliates and other third parties necessary for the provision of our Services.
- From publicly available sources: From places where the information is publicly available.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling our users’ Personal Information to others.
vGRID will only collect, use and disclose your Personal information for purposes in connection with the operation of our Website, and to operate, provide and improve our Services, including the following:
- Providing Services to you: To provide and deliver our Website and Services to you, and process transactions related to our Services.
- Administrating your account: To verify your identity when you login into your vGRID account, to record and administer your activities and transaction history and to generally administer your account.
- Improve our Services and Website: To measure and analyse the performance of our Website and Services; fix errors and provide support for, improve and develop our Website and Services.
- Personalise your user-experience: To personalise your user-experience when using our Website and Services.
- Communicate with you: To communicate with you about our Website, Services, your vGRID account and any queries you may have from time to time about our Services, including recommending Service offerings that might be of interest to you.
- Record keeping purposes: For our internal record keeping purposes, including for the maintenance of our data security.
- Fraud and data breach prevention: To prevent and detect fraud, abuse and data security breach.
- Business sale: To facilitate the sale or other disposition of our business or assets.
- Legal compliance: To comply with our legal obligations.
- Other purposes: For any other purposes that you authorise.
(together, the Purpose)
We may disclose your Personal Information to the following third parties but only in connection with the Purpose:
- vGRID’s service providers, suppliers, employees, contractors, agents and professional advisors.
- vGRID’s affiliates and strategic and business partners.
- Any other third party that you authorise.
LOCATION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
vGRID is located and hosted in New Zealand. All information collected is maintained and stored in servers located in New Zealand. If we do need to transfer your Personal Information to a third party recipient outside of New Zealand in connection with one or more of the Purposes, then you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information to the third party recipient provided that vGRID ensures that the overseas recipient is:
- A participant in a prescribed binding scheme for international disclosures of personal information and/or is located in a country that provides comparable safeguards to New Zealand’s privacy laws; and
- If not, then vGRID will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient is required to protect your Personal Information in a way that, overall, provides comparable safeguards to those required under the applicable privacy laws. Examples of these steps include a written agreement between us and the overseas recipient or making reasonable enquiries regarding the data protection standards of the country in which the overseas recipient is located.
From time to time, vGRID may aggregate information for analysis and statistical purposes relating to the provision, operation and improvement of our Website and Services. This may involve “de-identifying” or anonymising your Personal Information. Aggregate information may be shared with third parties and used in connection with the Purpose. Once we de-identify or anonymise your Personal Information, the information can no longer be linked to you and will no longer be your Personal Information.
To enable some of the features and functionality on our Website, you may need to permit us to place cookies on your device. You can remove or block cookies by using the settings in your browser, but it may affect your ability to use our Website.
You consent to receiving information from us about vGRID via email, text message and social media. If you want us to stop sending you electronic communications, then you can simply unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in the electronic communication.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have reasonable protections in place against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure and loss of your Personal Information. We protect the security of your Personal Information during transmission to or from our Website or Services. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of your Personal Information. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose Personal Information to you
REQUEST ACCESS OR CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You’re allowed to see what Personal Information vGRID holds about you, and you can ask us to correct it if you think it’s wrong. If there is a legal reason why we can’t let you see it, or if we don’t agree with your correction, then we’ll tell you.
If you think that we haven’t properly protected your privacy, you can tell our Privacy Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org), or complain to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
Last Updated: November 23rd 2020.